Becker Animal Hospital’s Veterinary Services:
Providing the best of care for you & your pet
Because of the shorter lifespan of our pets, we believe in the importance of an annual physical examination. Thorough check-ups and preventive care can help alleviate serious health problems. We offer a wide range of veterinary services to keep your companions feeling their best.
Below is a list of some of the many veterinary services we offer. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would love to hear from you!
- Pet Wellness Care—The mainstay of our veterinary practice is keeping your pet healthy. We offer appropriate blood tests and vaccination protocols tailored to you and your pets’ needs.
- Veterinary Surgical Services—Our surgical suite provides for a wide variety of surgical procedures. Many of our procedures are done on an outpatient basis, allowing your pet to be back home with you the same day.
- Anesthesia—We use the safest available anesthetics to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. The patient’s vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
- X-rays, Radiology & Imaging Services—Our on-site X-ray and ultrasound equipment allow us to diagnose problems quicker, avoid surgery in some cases, and discover hidden problems that may warrant further testing.
- Pet Cancer Treatment & Chemotherapy—We offer numerous therapies for a variety of cancer types as a primary treatment or in combination with surgery. If needed, we will discuss the case with a board-certified veterinary oncologist and offer referral as an additional option.
- Pet Dental Care—Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, dental X-rays, tooth extractions, and minor oral surgery. We are always available to discuss dental care for your pet.
- Cold Laser Therapy—The Cold Laser Therapy is a noninvasive procedure that uses light to stimulate cells and increase blood circulation. At the correct laser wavelength, pain signals are reduced and nerve sensitivity decreases. The procedure also releases endorphins, or natural painkillers.
- Anesthesia-Free Dental Care—Pet Dental Services(PDS) offers a 11-step Professional Out Patient Dental procedure (POPD), performed without the use of anesthesia, which offers pet owners an alternative method for cleaning and maintaining their pet’s teeth.
- Veterinary Laboratory—Our laboratory allows us to perform cytology, hematology, serology, urinalysis, and parasite testing in the hospital and have the results within an hour. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Canine DNA Analysis—Discover your dog's pedigree. The analysis may provide insight regarding breed, physical characteristics and behavioral traits. Receive a comprehensive report depicting 3 generations of ancestry.
- Permanent Identification—We offer HomeAgain microchip identification. For more information on this important safeguard to find your pet in case he or she is lost, visit the HomeAgain website.
- Pet Medications & Pharmacy—We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos, flea and tick control products, and heartworm preventives to meet the needs of your pet. We also carry prescription diets.
- Pet Health Certificates—Health certificates are needed for both national and international travel. We can guide you through the maze of paperwork that may be needed for getting your pet safely to his or her destination.
- Pet Nutrition & Dietary Counseling—We will provide guidance regarding your pet’s nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance, and performance.
- Pet Training & Behavioral Counseling—We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling, and aggression.
- Emergency Veterinary Care—If you have an emergency during office hours, please call or come directly to the animal hospital. If it is after hours, please call Blue Pearl Emergency Medicine for Pets at (847) 564-5775.